Cooking Time:30 minutes to 2 hours
Ingredients2 c. flour
1 c. cornstarch
1 c. salt
1/4 c. cream of tartar
2 c. hot water
2 tsp. oil
The kiddos are going to love it when you make them PLAY DOUGH in the slow cooker! Make this anytime — its easy and most of the time you likely have these ingredients on hand. Enjoy!
- Combine and stir the dry ingredients together and place in the slow cooker.
- Pour in water and oil and mix well.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 30 minutes and stir, until it forms a ball.(Cooking time will vary, as every slow cooker heats a little differently. You will want to watch this closely to make sure it does not dry out.)
- Transfer dough from the slow cooker to a clean, dry surface.
- Let cool for a few minutes as it will be too hot to handle, then knead the dough. (Divide if you would like to make a few different colors.) FUN!
- Drop food coloring of your choice on top of the kneaded dough.
- Cover hands with plastic gloves to keep the coloring off your hands, and knead until the dough is thoroughly mixed with the food coloring.
- Place in air-tight containers for storage.
NOTE: If sticky, add a little cornstarch, and if dry add a little water.
Optional: Divide the dough to make different colors if you would like!