Cooking Time:4-5 hours on LOW
Servings:6-8, about 24 meatballs
Ingredients2 lb. ground pork (can use ground beef or ground veal)
3/4 c. onion, medium yellow, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
5 cloves of garlic, 4 crushed, 1 chopped
1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 chili powder
1/8 - 1/4 crushed red pepper, depending on how hot you like your meatballs
5 T. breadcrumbs, plain, dried
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 T. parsley, fresh, chopped
Kosher salt to taste
ground pepper to taste
3 T. olive oil, extra-virgin
28 oz. diced tomatoes
Fresh crusted bread for serving
You can serve Slow Cooker Spanish Meatballs as an appetizer or as a meal! Great to make and freeze to keep on hand!
- In a large bowl mix together with your hands: meat, 1/4 c. onion, cumin, garlic, 1/2 tsp. paprika, chili powder, crushed red peppers, breadcrumbs, eggs, and parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs on all sides. In batches if necessary.
- Place the Meatballs in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining onion to skillet; and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Place onion in the slow cooker, along with remaining paprika and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or until meatballs are tender.
- Serve with fresh crusted bread, and garnish with some parsley if desired
Options: Great served as an appetizer or over the pasta of your choice!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
How many people does this serve? or approx. how many meatballs does it make. I can’t find either piece of information here.
Hello Jayne! You will find the serving size on the upper right hand corner of each page, but happy to share that this recipe serves 6-8, and about 24 meatballs. Thanks for the question, and Happy Crocking!