Cooking Time:4-6 hours on Low
Ingredients32 oz. cauliflower, frozen (2 16 oz. bags)
1 onion, medium, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
4 c. chicken broth or vegetable broth
2 c. cream
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 c. cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is great as a starter to any meal, or served as a delicious lunch! Enjoy!
- Combine cauliflower, onion, celery and chicken broth (Use vegetable broth to make it vegetarian) in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
- In small batches puree in blender or use a stick blender.
- Transfer back to the slow cooker and blend in cream (temper method works best), worcestershire and cheese. NOTE: Temper method is used to keep the cream from curdling. Add a soup ladle to the cream and blend to slowly warm up the cream before adding to the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you have a hand held stick blender (best to use) it is great to blend this soup in small batches until smooth, and place back in the slow cooker to keep hot.
NOTE: Best to use a brick of cheddar cheese instead of the pre-shredded, as the pre-shredded has an agent it it to keep it from sticking together.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get our eBook!