Cooking Time:3 - 4 hours on Low
Ingredients1 lb. ground turkey (Can use any ground meat you have) (I had turkey on hand)
16 oz. pinto bean, canned, drained
15 oz. kidney bean, dark red, canned, drained
15 oz. black bean, drained
2 - 14.5 oz tomatoes, diced, canned
8 oz. tomato sauce, canned
1 onion, small, chopped
1 red bell pepper
2 stalks of celery, chopped
4 oz. green chilis, chopped, canned
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
3 T. chili powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt to taste
Sometimes it’s fun just to use what is in your pantry or refrigerator like I did for this delicious Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Three Bean Chili!
- Brown ground turkey (or any ground meat) in a skillet with onion, pepper and celery.
- Half way through browning the turkey, drain the liquid from the bottom to help it brown. (The watery liquid comes from the celery, onion and peppers.)
- Transfer to slow cooker, and add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4–5 hours or on High for 2 1/2 — 3 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream
NOTE: I also added about 1/2 c. chicken broth that I had left over from the night before when I made another slow cooker meal.