Cooking Time:9 Hours on LOW
Ingredients1 Package Hurst's HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup®
1 Package pre-coked bacon, chopped
2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Onion, chopped
14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes
1 T. Oregano
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Yes, I know I’m setting the bar high by naming this dip “Slow Cooker World’s Best Cheesy Bacon Bean Dip” but guess what? Everyone who has tried it says to really is the best bean dip they have ever had. (and I have lots of guinea pigs willing to taste my latest concoctions in the neighborhood!) How can you go wrong with Bacon, Cheese and Beans??
Bean dip doesn’t have to be boring! The best part about this one is it is truly versatile too. Serve it as a dip at your Super Bowl party, host a “build your own nachos bar” at your next gathering and offer this as a topping or leave out the bacon and spice up your vegetarian quesadillas. Let me know how you served it!
- Pour one can of diced tomatoes (do not drain) in a 5.5 quart slow cooker
- Add onion, salt, pepper, garlic and oregano
- Rinse and sort beans. Add to slow cooker
- Cover ingredients on slow cooker with water . Water should be 1-2 inches above the bean line.
- Cook on LOW overnight (or 8 hours)
- Drain liquid and reserve.
- Pulse bean mixture in a blender on “salsa” setting if you have it. Add reserved liquid as needed. (I had to do this in 2 batches) – If your beans are still hot, make sure to let the steam vent!
- Return bean mixture to slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups shredded cheese (I like cheddar) and cooked, chopped bacon.
- Stir and cook on Low until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.