Cooking Time:7–8 hours on Low
Ingredients4 English Muffins
14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes, drained
Half of an Onion, diced
1 sm. pkg, Sliced Mushrooms
1 Red or Yellow Pepper, diced
3/4 c. Milk
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 T. Fresh Rosemary, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
1 T. Fresh Chives, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
1 T. Fresh Thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
6 oz. Gruyère or Swiss Cheese, grated
I have been incorporating more and more vegetables in my diet and breakfast is a great way to sneak some veggies in at the beginning of the day. This recipe for Slow Cooker Veggie & Egg Casserole is simple and the best part — you can put everything in the slow cooker before heading to bed and then wake up to a delicious breakfast! I’ll be including this in my Easter breakfast buffet as a vegetarian option.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a large oval slow cooker.
- Split English Muffins and spread over bottom of the slow cooker. Cover as much as you can without overlapping.
- Drain diced tomatoes and sprinkle over top of the English Muffins in the slow cooker.
- Next, add onions, sliced mushrooms and diced peppers.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top veggies.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, seasonings and additional salt & pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Gently press down to ensure all ingredients are moistened with the egg mixture.
- Cover and slow cook on LOW for 6–8 hours or until eggs are done to your liking.
Note: This is a great recipe to make in the Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock™! Follow the same instructions above, using one additional English Muffin and reduce cooking time to 4–5 hours on LOW.