Cooking Time:8 Hours on LOW
Ingredients1/2 c. BBQ Sauce The Smoking Gun (optional) 3 lb. Rack of Pork Ribs :Rub ingredients: 2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt 2 tsp. Garlic Powder ½ c. Brown Sugar 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
I recently found a new gadget for my kitchen – The Smoking Gun – and so I just had to smoke something from my slow cooker! I made these Slow Cooker Hickory Smoked BBQ Ribs in my Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock™ and they turned out soooo deliciously!
Watch me smoke these Ribs here –> How to Smoke Ribs in a Slow Cooker with The Smoking Gun
If you don’t have a Smoking Gun, you can skip that step and go right to basting with BBQ sauce, but think about getting one! I’ve had so much fun with mine that I’m planning on getting my Dad one for Father’s Day. (I even smoked cheese recently!)
- Cut a 3lb. rack of pork ribs in half and place both halves side by side in a large slow cooker.
- Mix Johnny’s Seasoning Salt, garlic powder, brown sugar and smoked paprika (rub ingredients) in a bowl and spread over both sides of ribs
- Cover & cook on LOW for 8 hours. (Do NOT remove lid during cooking!)
- After ribs are finished, move your slow cooker outside and fire up The Smoking Gun. (If you don’t have The Smoking Gun, then go to step 6!)
- Place tube from smoker directly in the slow cooker and cover with the lid. Tape shut the steam vent, if your lid has one. Using hickory chips for the best flavor, add smoke until entire slow cooker is filled. Let the ribs absorb the smoke for 15 minutes then repeat smoking, if desired.
- Next, baste ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- If desired, place ribs in an oven-safe dish and place under the broiler for a few minutes to brown and caramelize the BBQ sauce.