Cooking Time:6 hours on Low
Ingredients2 lbs. Red Potatoes, cut into 1/4" slices
1 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
1/3 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
3 T. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1 T. Sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
3 T. Sliced Green Onion, for garnish
3 T. Cooked Bacon Pieces, for garnish
I grew up in a small town in Southern Illinois with a big German influence. (Our church picnic was called the Kirchenfest, for example!) Pretty much any family reunion or community gathering included traditional German dishes including some sort of German Potato Salad. This is my favorite version – of course, from a slow cooker! Enjoy this Slow Cooker Authentic German Potato Salad any time of year!
- Layer the onions and potatoes in the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, mustard and sugar.
- Pour mustard mixture over top ingredients in the slow cooker. Toss well to coat.
- Add salt & pepper
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove lid and taste potatoes. Adjust seasonings, if desired.
- If desired, garnish with green onion and bacon. Serve warm
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
This looks really yummy! I have been searching for a good German Salad recipe, and this seems to be it. Thanks.