Cooking Time:2 Hours on LOW
Ingredients2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 Medium Yellow Onion, finely diced
2 c. Red Enchilada Sauce
1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Chili Powder
2 c. Shredded Cheese (Monterey Jack & Cheddar are my favorites)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Looking for an easy and delicious to spice up game day or poker night? This is your dip! I use Monterey Jack Cheese and a bit of sharp cheddar but you can really use any cheese you have on-hand. Note: freshly grated cheese always melts better!
- Brown beef, onions and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and crumble beef just until no longer pink.
- Drain grease on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Place meat mixture in a medium bowl and stir in enchilada sauce, paprika, and chili powder.
- Transfer meat mixture to the bottom of a Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock slow cooker and spread evenly. (If you don’t have a casserole slow cooker, then just use a large oval slow cooker.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours, or until dip is heated through and cheese starts to bubble.
- Switch slow cooker to WARM setting and serve right from the crock.
- Serve with tortilla chips and a side of sour cream.
Note: This is also delicious with green enchilada sauce. If you use green sauce, add extra garlic to really kick up the flavor!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Mmmm this might be my next game day dish! I’m thinking the addition of chorizo would be delish! Thanks for sharing!
This sounds amazing, but when do you add the smoked paprika and chili powder? I’m thinking at the same time as the enchilada sauce, but I want to be sure. Thanks for your help.
Thanks Suzy, I have edited the recipe and yes you are correct when you add the enchilada sauce. Thank you and Happy Crocking!