Cooking Time:2 1/2 — 3 hours
Ingredients64 oz. apple cider or juice
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 c. caramel sauce
1 apple sliced thin
3–4 cinnamon sticks, can break in half (Optional)
8 oz. dark rum — more or less to your liking!
Hot Spiked Apple Cider with delicious dark rum… YUM! Great to serve at your next party right from your slow cooker!
- Pour apple cider or juice into a 3-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg allspice and caramel sauce. Stir to combine.
- Peel and thinly slice an apple and place in the cider.
- Optional: place cinnamon sticks in cider.
- Cover and cook on Low for 2 1/2 hours.
- Pour the rum (as desired) into the spiced cider, mix, and continue to crock on Low for at least an additional 30 minutes.
- If desired, place a optional cinnamon stick in each glass for serving.
- You can place a ladle next to your slow cooker for easy serving into your cups.
NOTE: Omit the Rum, and great for the kiddos!