Cooking Time:8 hours on LOW
Ingredients40 oz. Cubed, Frozen Sweet Potato (I used Great Value Organic Sweet Potatoes)
1/4 c. Chopped Pecans
Zest of 2 Oranges
3/4 c Pure Maple Syrup + more for garnish
1 c. Dried Cranberries + more for garnish
2 tsp. Cinnamon
4 T. Butter
I created this recipe for Slow Cooker Maple Citrus Sweet Potatoes after being invited to try out Walmart’s Online Grocery. (I ordered online and picked up ingredients WITHOUT getting out of my car — hello, awesome!) Learn more about this time-saving (& fee-free!) service and how I became a #groceryhero in my blog post or check out the service for yourself HERE!
—> If you’re looking for the perfect tasty (yet easy to make) Thanksgiving side dish, stop looking and make these Slow Cooker Maple Citrus Sweet Potatoes! This recipe is packed full of flavor without the overbearing sweetness that some sweet potato casseroles can bring.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT pecans in a 5 or 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, stirring once about half-way through.
- Uncover and if desired, lightly mash potatoes.
- Taste, and add salt & pepper or additional orange zest to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with a drizzle of maple syrup and chopped walnuts.
NOTE: At the time of this writing you can SAVE $10 off your first Walmart Online Grocery order by using the code REALEASY. Once you’ve tried the service, please leave your feedback in the comments below. I found it to be very convenient and TIME SAVING (this is huge) for our family!