- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 & 1/2 cup sweet & sour sauce
- 1 - 20 oz. can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 - red pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 - green pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 - small onion, peeled & sliced
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Rice (for serving)
I love Chinese food! Sweet & Sour Chicken is an easy and healthier alternative than going out for Chinese food. This can be made with pork too.
- Place carrots in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Set chicken in a single layer directly on top of carrots
- Pour chicken broth in crock pot so that chicken is just covered, sprinkle with red pepper.
- Cover and crock on LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken & carrots from crock pot and discard chicken broth.
- Return chicken & carrots to crock pot and pour in the sweet & sour sauce.
- Top with the drained pineapple, onions and peppers.
- Cover and Crock on HIGH for 45 minutes longer.
Serving suggestion: Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Crock Pot Girl