- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/4 c. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Optional: 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Scallions, for garnish
Do you like the Southwest flavor in Chili, if so, you will love Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Chili.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown onions and garlic (and celery, if using).
- Place chicken, broth, and tomatoes in the crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred (use two forks for easy shredding).
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir back into chili.
- Serve in bowl topped with cheese.