- 1 can cooking oil spray
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast; skin removed, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can tomatillos (about 16 ounces), drained and cut up
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can chicken broth (1 1/2 c.)
- 4 oz. can chopped green chile peppers, not drained
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano flakes
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cans great northern beans, drained
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
We have a tradition with our family that every Halloween my mother-in-law makes Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. It is so so GOOD!
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, add olive oil and heat on medium high until hot.
- Add diced chicken and saute for 3 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan.
- Place all ingredients, except Cheese, in a slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook for 8 hours on Low.
- Top each serving with a little shredded cheese.
- Serve white chicken chili with tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, and condiments of your choice.
Variation: For Vegetarians, exclude chicken.