- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 16 oz. Tomatillo Salsa (or can use canned tomatillos, chopped)
- 10 oz. Canned, diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 14.5 oz. Chicken Broth
- 4 oz. Diced Green Chilis
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Coriander Seeds, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 cans great northern beans, drained
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lime
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 c. Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
We have a tradition with our family that every Halloween my mother-in-law makes Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. It is so so GOOD!
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet and heat on medium-high until hot.
- Sauté diced chicken and toss frequently – just until browned (about 3 minutes.)
- Place chicken in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cover. Cook for 8 hours on Low.
- Top each serving with 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Serve white chicken chili with tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, and a lime wedge.
Variation: For Vegetarians, exclude chicken.