- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 - 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning, undrained
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
Love to make Slow Cooker Marinara Sauce the day before, as I feel it is even better then next day!
- Place onions, garlic, and olive oil in medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on High for 2-3 minutes, stirring once during cooking time, until the onion is softened.
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
Serve over spaghetti.
Note: If you have a new hotter cooking slow cooker, check the sauce after 6 or 7 hours.