- 2 onions, medium chopped
- 3 carrots, medium sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 c. wide egg noodles, cooked as directed, drained (can use noodles of your choice, note thin noodles may cook too fast)
- 2 T. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 T. fresh Italian parsley, minced or dried Italian parsley
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- Optional: 2-3 pound whole chicken
1. Mix all ingredients, except the Italian parsley and lemon juice, in the crock pot.
2. Cover. Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low or on High for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Before serving, add the Italian parsley and fresh lemon juice.
Optional: Add chicken with all ingredients in the beginning if you would like to change this vegetarian recipe? Follow these steps if you added chicken
3. Remove the chicken from the stoneware and let cool slightly.
4. Remove the chicken meat from the bones and return the chicken to the crock. Discard the bones.
5. Cover. Cook on High for 30 minutes.
6. Skim any fat from the top of the soup.
Crock Pot Girl