- 2 onions, medium chopped
- 3 carrots, medium sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 c. wide egg noodles, cooked as directed, drained (can use noodles of your choice, note thin noodles may cook too fast)
- 2 T. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 T. fresh Italian parsley, minced or dried Italian parsley
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- Optional: 2-3 pound whole chicken
- Mix all ingredients, EXCEPT the Italian parsley and lemon juice, in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low or on High for 2 to 3 hours.
- Before serving, add the Italian parsley and fresh lemon juice.
- Remove the chicken from the crock and let cool slightly.
- Remove the chicken meat from the bones and return the chicken to the crock. Discard the bones.
- Cover. Cook on High for 30 minutes.
NOTE: Skim any fat from the top of the soup.
Optional: Add chicken with all ingredients in the beginning if you would like to change this vegetarian recipe? Follow step #4 on if you add chicken.