- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 T. cooking oil (optional)
- 2 T. quick cooking tapioca
- 6 med. carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 9 oz. pkg. frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 of a 16 oz. pkg. frozen small whole onions (2 c.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz. can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 c. Burgundy wine
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. If desired, in a large skillet cook meat, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat.
- Place meat in a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with tapioca. Stir in carrots, green beans, onions, and garlic. Pour broth and Burgundy over meat mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours.
NOTE: Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon.