- 6 c. water, or half and half water and vegetable broth for more flavor
- 2 c. split peas, rinsed and picked over
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, large, chopped
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 dash of red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Great soup recipe for Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup!
- Combine water, peas, celery, carrot, onion, thyme, red pepper and bay leaf in slow cooker.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low until split peas and vegetables are tender (about 6-8 hours).
- Remove Bay Leaf.
- Press soup through fine sieve and reheat just to boiling point or use hand blender to smooth.