- 2 lb. chicken, boneless, skinless
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/4 c. apple juice
- 1/4 c. sugar, light brown
- 2 T. ketchup
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
Actual Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken does not call for real bourbon, but I like to throw a little in at the end, although optional!
- Place chicken in bottom of 6-7 qt. slow cooker.
- Mix all ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks or cut into chunks.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Optional: After returning chicken to slow cooker, I put a little bourbon in and let it warm through while I cook the rice! Soooooo good!
You can serve over rice with more crushed red pepper flakes (optional) on top.