- 2 Chicken Breasts, thinned in half (so you should end up with 4 thin pieces of chicken)
- 1 c. white wine
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 T. Butter, sliced
- 3 T. Capers
- 1 c. Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with pasta of your choice
The first time I had Chicken Picatta, I knew I wanted to find a recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Picatta, it is just full of flavor… so good!
- Place bread crumbs on a plate, and put beaten egg in a bowl. Dip each breast into the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
- Transfer each of the coated chicken pieces to the slow cooker. Repeat this for all chicken pieces.
- Place the 4 T. of butter, one on each breast.
- Scatter sliced mushrooms in slow cooker.
- Pour in the wine, lemon juice and chicken broth; and top with capers.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours.
NOTE: If you like less of a lemon flavor, reduce the amount of lemon juice.
Serve on top of your favorite pasta!