- Apple Mixture:
- 4 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 tsp. clove
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cake Batter:
- 1 box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c, sour cream
- 3 T. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. butter for greasing slow cooker
- Optional: 1/2 to 1 c. nuts
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Coffee Cake is a recipe I often make for a brunch!
- Mix ingredients for apple mixture in a bowl and pour half into a greased 3.5 quart slow cooker.
- Combine batter ingredients in a separate bowl; mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter over the apple mixture.
- Spoon the remaining apple mixture over the batter, then cover with remaining batter (optional: Top with nuts of your choice).
- Cover. Cook on High for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Invert on to a plate and serve immediately.
NOTE: You can substitute 20 oz. canned apple pie filling for apple mixture ingredients.