- 16.3 oz. Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar
- 4 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 8 oz. butter, stick, melted - (use butter, not margarine)
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)
Slow Cooker Monkey Bread is great for breakfast, brunch, after school snack, or even a dessert for some meals.
- Use a slow cooker liner in a 5 quart slow cooker and spray the liner with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Mix sugars and cinnamon together in another bowl.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters. (Note: There have been questions about what Grands biscuits are – see them HERE.)
- Line up the following ingredients in this order: biscuits, butter, sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Dip biscuits into butter then roll in sugar cinnamon mixture and put in one layer on the bottom of the slow cooker. They will fit very snugly. (Note: If adding pecans (optional) sprinkle them in now.)
- Place paper towel over top of crock. (This will keep the condensation from dripping down on the monkey bread.)
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2-3 hours. Each crock cooks differently, so you will need to check!
- When biscuits are done, lift out the liner and transfer to a plate.
- A simple way to remove from the liner is to roll it down over the sides of the plate, and slide off with a large spatula!
- Mix a cup of confectioners sugar and a couple tablespoons of milk for the icing. (Optional)
- Drizzle over the top of of the monkey bread. (Optional…but very good)