- 2-4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 onion, medium, sweet, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper, seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 c. yogurt, plain
- Pita Bread, cut in half
Hubby is a big fan of the Pita Sandwich, therefore when I found Slow Cooker Greek Pita Chicken Sandwiches I had to make it.
- Place chicken in greased 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Layer onions over chicken and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken apart with two forks and stir in yogurt.
- Spoon into warm pita bread halves.
- Garnish with Roma Tomato an cucumber slices.
Serve with salad greens topped with crumbled feta cheese and olives. Also, love avacados and apples in ours!