- 3-4 lbs lamb shoulder and neck bones
- 3 ancho chilies
- 4 arbol chilies
- 1 can diced tomatoes, or fresh equiv.
- 3 c. fre- range chicken stock
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 8 oz white mushrooms, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. vinegar
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Chopped cilantro (garnish)
Turn up the heat in your kitchen with this Moroccan-inspired Lamb stew.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- At the same time, heat a small pan over medium heat.
- Remove stems and seeds from chiles.
- Saute chiles in pan for 5 minutes.
- Place the chilies in the boiling water and remove pan from heat. Soak 20 minutes.
- Puree the chilies, 2 cups of chicken stock, and can of tomatoes in a blender.
- Layer the bottom of your slow cooker with the lamb meat and bones. Cover with sliced onions, the chili puree, garlic and spices. Add the remaining 1 cup of chicken stock and vinegar.
- Cover and crock on LOW 8-10 hours
- When there are 3 hours remaining, add the chopped mushrooms and stir the stew.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. Garnish with cilantro.