- 3 lb. beef roast, boneless, chuck roast
- 1 - 2 T. Cajun seasoning (depends on how you like it)
- 1 T. oil, vegetable
- 14 oz. tomatoes, diced
- 14 oz. tomatoes, diced with mild green chiles
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 c. rutabaga, chopped
- 1 c. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 c. turnips, chopped
- 1 c. parsnips, chopped
- 1 c. green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 c. green beans
- 1 c. carrots, sliced
- 1 c. corn
- 2 T. pepper sauce, hot (can use less if you don't like things too hot)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 c. water
Some like it hot, some not, but with Slow Cooker Cajun Pot Roast, you can adjust it to your liking!
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season roast with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the roast on all sides for 5 minutes.
- Place roast, tomatoes, onion, rutabaga, mushrooms, turnips, parsnips, bell pepper, beans, carrots, corn, hot pepper sauce, sugar, celery (optional) and black pepper in the slow cooker, pour in water.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours.