- 1 c. Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 c. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 c. green onions, sliced
- Multi-grain bread slices, if desired
- Fresh vegetables, if desired
A hot, cheesy dip on a cold Winter night…yes, please! Try this Slow Cooker Havarti Cheese Fondue, and kiss those Winter Blues good-bye!
- In re-sealable food-storage bag, mix both cheeses and flour. Shake bag, insuring all cheese is coated with flour; set aside.
- Add broth and milk to 1 – 1 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and crock on HIGH until simmering, about 1 hour.
- Add cheese mixture, about 1 cup at a time, whisking until melted.
- Turn crock to LOW, stirring cheese constantly, until cheese starts to become melted and thick.
- Next, add tomatoes and onions; stir mixture.
- Keep on WARM setting.
- Serve with bread cubes, bread sticks, and/or fresh veggies.
NOTE: Serve this cheese dip straight from the slow cooker!