- 4-6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (chicken breasts will work too!)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 c. honey
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 T. vegetable oil (can use olive oil too)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
Once you make Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken at home, you will not be able to get it at a restaurant again, as it is that good!
- Mix salt and pepper to taste, and lightly rub sides of chicken, transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, ginger, oil, garlic and pepper flakes (red pepper flakes adds great flavor, not a lot of heat) in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover the chicken in the slow cooker with mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from slow cooker.
- Cut chicken into bit size pieces.
- Dissolve 4 tsp of cornstarch in 6 T. of water and pour.
- Stir diluted cornstarch into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Place lid back on the slow cooker for 8-10 minutes on High or until slightly thickened.
- Place chicken that has been cut into bite size pieces back into the crock with the thickened sauce before serving.
Serve over rice or noodles, sprinkling with sesame seeds.