- 4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 T. Flour
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 c. Honey
- 1/2 c. Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 c. Ketchup
- 2 T. Sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
Once you make Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken at home, you will not be able to get it at a restaurant again, as it is that good!
- Add chopped onion to a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Cut Chicken thighs into 2-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle flour, ginger, salt and pepper over chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Place chicken pieces over onions in the slow cooker.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes (red pepper flakes adds great flavor, not a lot of heat) in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover the chicken in the slow cooker with mixture.
- Cover and Cook on Low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from slow cooker.
- Dissolve 1 T. of cornstarch in 6 T. of water and stir into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Place lid back on the slow cooker for 8-10 minutes on High or until slightly thickened.
- Place chicken that has been cut into bite size pieces back into the slow cooker with the thickened sauce before serving.
Serve over rice or noodles, sprinkling with sesame seeds.