- 1 c. butter, 2 sticks
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 c. flour
- 11 oz. caramel bits, pkg
- 1/2 T. sea salt
Salted Caramel may be just one of my favorites, that is why when I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Bars, I just had to make them.
- Coat the bottom of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla with your electric mixer.
- Once combined well add egg and salt.
- One cup at a time add flour until dough ball forms.
- Cover the palm of your hands with flour to form two balls, making one ball a little over half of the dough.
- Press the larger dough in the bottom of the crock.
- Continue to dust palms of hand with flour to keep the dough from sticking.
- Evenly spread the caramels over the dough in the bottom of the slow cooker.(If unable to find bits, unwrap and cut caramels in bits and spread over dough)
- Crumble the remaining dough over the caramel layer.
- Top off by scanting the sea salt over the top.
- Cover. Cook covered on Low for 2 – 3 hours.
Serve in small bars! YUMMY!