- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 c. sweet corn kernels, frozen, divided (or approx. 4 ears of fresh corn)
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. milk or half & half
- 1 tsp. salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- extra veggies or sour cream to garnish!
The delicious blend of the ingredients in Slow Cooker Corn and Red Pepper Chowder will make you wish you had made a double batch! So GOOD!
- Place the onion, red pepper, potatoes, 1 cup of the corn, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Pour broth over top.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. (can do this right in the slow cooker!)
- Remove one cup of soup and pour into a medium bowl. Stir in the milk/half & half into the cup of soup and then pour the soup back into the slow cooker (this will prevent the dairy from curdling.)
- Add remaining corn to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for another 30 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: Serve topped with additional corn, diced bell pepper and/or sour cream.