- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, medium, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, medium, seeded and diced
- 3 potatoes, medium, diced (about 3 cups, or 1 pound)
- 4 c. sweet corn kernels, frozen, divided (or approx. 4 ears of fresh corn)
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. almond milk, or soy milk
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste (CPG uses fresh ground)
- Chopped red bell pepper, corn kernels, sliced scallions and sour cream to garnish
The delicious blend of the ingredients in Slow Cooker Corn and Red Pepper Chowder will make you wish you had made a double batch! So GOOD!
- Place olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, stirring occasionally, until transparent and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the onion in the slow cooker, with the red bell pepper, potatoes, 1 cup corn, broth, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 4-6 hours, until the potatoes are tender.
- Turn the slow cooker off and remove the lid.
- The soup should cool slightly. Use an immersion blender or working in batches with a regular blender, puree the soup.
- Return to the slow cooker and turn it back on.
- Stir in the remaining corn and almond or soy milk.
- Cover again, cook on low for another 20-30 minutes, until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: Serve topped with additional corn, diced bell pepper, sliced scallions and sour cream.