Cooking Time:4-5 hours
Ingredients1 lb. ground beef (or combination of ground beef and sausage to equal 1 lb.)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
29 oz. can tomato sauce
1 T. Butter
1 T. Sugar
1 c. Water
6 oz. can tomato paste
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried oregano
8 oz. pkg. lasana noodles, uncooked
4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 c. ricotta cheese or small curd cottage cheese
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
Delicious and so easy! Slow Cooker Lasagna has all the flavor of a recipe that you slave over all day with the convenience of a slow cooker! You will enjoy!
- Cook beef, onion and garlic together in saucepan until browned. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, butter, sugar, tomato paste, salt, and oregano. Mix well.
- Spread 1/4 of meat sauce (about 1.5 cups) in un-greased slow cooker. Arrange one-third of noodles over sauce.
- Combine the cheeses. Spoon one-third of mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4–5 hours.
Variation: For a fuller flavor, use 24 oz. can tomato sauce instead of 6 oz. can tomato paste and water. Add 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. dried basil, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. For a spicy flavor, add 1/2 lb. ground or sliced Italian Sausage and brown with the hamburger.