Cooking Time:7 hours
Ingredients6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 & 1/2 cup sweet & sour sauce
1 — 20 oz. can pineapple chunks in juice
1 — red pepper, seeded & chopped
1 — green pepper, seeded & chopped
1 — small onion, peeled & sliced
Sesame seeds (for garnish)
Rice (for serving)
I love Chinese food! Sweet & Sour Chicken is an easy and healthier alternative than going out for Chinese food. This can be made with pork too.
- Place carrots in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Set chicken in a single layer directly on top of carrots
- Pour chicken broth in crock pot so that chicken is just covered, sprinkle with red pepper.
- Cover and crock on LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken & carrots from crock pot and discard chicken broth.
- Return chicken & carrots to crock pot and pour in the sweet & sour sauce.
- Top with the drained pineapple, onions and peppers.
- Cover and Crock on HIGH for 45 minutes longer.
Serving suggestion: Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.