Cooking Time:6 hours
Ingredients2-3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jar salsa, any variety
Taco shells, any style/variety
optional: 1/2-1 packet of chicken taco seasoning (for a little extra flavor)
If you are watching the fats in your food, you will enjoy Slow Cooker Low-Fat Chicken Tacos!
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, then salsa, then beans.(optional: Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 packet of chicken taco seasoning on top of beans.)
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with tongs or 2 forks before serving.
- Serve in taco shells and top with low-fat shredded cheese, low-fat sour cream, and any other toppings you like.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
how big of a jar of salsa – I don’t want the tacos to be runny….or dried out!
Hello Katie, I use the large jars of salsa with this recipe. I don’t have one on the shelf today, but I believe it is the 16 oz. jar. Happy Crocking!
I just made this today! LOVE IT! So pumped I found your site =]
Glad you loved it, Jeanette. It’s one of our favorites too! (and so easy!)
[…] Best Low Calorie Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes from Slow Cooker Low Fat Chicken Tacos Get Crocked Slow. Source Image: http://www.getcrocked.com. Visit this site for details: http://www.getcrocked.com […]