Cooking Time:3 hours
Ingredients4 lbs. Red or Russet Potatoes, washed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 T. Minced Garlic
32 oz. Chicken Broth
8 oz. Sour Cream
8 oz. Herbed Cream Cheese
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes is a great recipe for the holidays, as you can make it ahead and it will be hot, not to mention YUMMY!
- Place the chopped potatoes in a stock pot and cover with chicken broth.
- Add enough water to cover all of the potatoes.
- Stir in garlic and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are softened. Drain, reserving water.
- Transfer potatoes to a stand mixer. Add sour cream and cream cheese and begin mixing on low. (can also mash by hand)
- Add reserved liquid as needed to attain desired consistency.
- Transfer the potatoes to a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 hours. (Stir halfway through.)
- Stir and season with salt and pepper just prior to serving.