Cooking Time:6-8 hours on Low or 3-5 hours on High
Ingredients1 med. onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 rib celery, sliced
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 med. carrot, diced
1 celery, stalk
6 mushrooms, sliced
2 - 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. water
14 oz. can stewed tomatoes, chopped, including liquid
2 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
1 tsp. italian parsley, minced
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp. sugar
8 oz. dry spaghetti, broken into thirds
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Spaghetti is best if served with Parmesan cheese and a basket full of bread or garlic bread! Yum!
- In a medium skillet, saute the onion, garlic, green pepper and celery.
- Add the beef and brown.
- Drain any grease and transfer the beef and vegetables into the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, tomato sauce, water, stewed tomatoes with the liquid, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours or on High 3-5 hours.
- One hour before serviing, turn the crock pot to High and stir in the dry spaghetti.
- Cover. Cook until the noodles are tender to your liking.