Cooking Time:6 hours
Ingredients4 — 5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 c. marsala wine
1/2 c. low sodium chicken broth
2 T. butter, broken into small pieces (margarine is ok)
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Put the chicken breasts in a 5 quart slow cooker. They can go in frozen, but make sure they don’t overlap as much as possible.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and basil, and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Pour the wine and broth into the slow cooker.
- Dot the butter over the chicken and dump the mushrooms on top.
- Cook Low for 6 hours.
- When the 6 hours are up, take the chicken out and place on the serving dish. Stir the sauce a little, and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
Serve over pasta of your choice or rice.