Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients5 Italian sausages
1 bell pepper, green, chopped or (divided with yellow and red to add color)
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 T. tomato paste
2 onions, sliced and halved
5 tomatoes, diced
Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste
Sliced mozzarella (optional)
This recipe can be served as a sauce for buns or on top of pasta with cheese added and then broiled. Slow Cooker Italian Sausage is a recipe full of beautiful Italian flavor. Wonderful if served with a tasty green salad on the side.
- Simmer the sausages in water for twenty minutes in a pan.
- Drain them transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the bell pepper, basil, tomato paste, oregano, onions, diced tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- If you are adding the cheese, transfer the cooked recipe to a dish that you can put in the oven, arrange the mozzarella cheese on top, and broil until the cheese is bubbly.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”