Cooking Time:7 hours
IngredientsMeat: 1 lb ham, bacon OR sausage; cooked, degreased and crumbled/diced
1 small onion, diced
1 small bell pepper, diced
16 oz. hash browns, frozen
3/4 cup cheese, shredded (co-jack or cheddar are Crock Pot Girl's favorites)
1/2 cup 2% milk
Salt & Pepper to taste
This recipe for Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole is one of my favorites! The fresh veggies along with hash browns, eggs, cheese and your choice of meat really make it flavorful. For best results, use a Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock or an oval slow cooker. (This may reduce crocking time by 1 hour.)
- Grease a large slow cooker or use a slow cooker liner.
- Layer ingredients starting with frozen hash browns followed by meat, onions, peppers, and cheese.
- Repeat layer twice and top with scallions.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour over the layered ingredients in the slow cooker (ensure everything gets moistened well)
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6–7 hours.