Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 onions, chopped
1/4 c. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups Chicken broth
1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 (16-ounce) can black beans, drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
Optional: 1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, garnish
Cilantro, for garnish
Scallions, for garnish
Do you like the Southwest flavor in Chili, if so, you will love Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Chili.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown onions and garlic (and celery, if using).
- Place chicken, broth, and tomatoes in the crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred (use two forks for easy shredding).
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir back into chili.
- Serve in bowl topped with sour cream and cheese.