Cooking Time:6-7 hours
Ingredients3 lbs. pork roast , trimmed of all fat
1 lb. pinto beans , washed
2 garlic cloves, chopped
7 oz. chilies, canned, diced
3 T. chili powder
1 T. cumin
1 T. oregano , preferable mexican
1 T. salt
Slow Cooker Chalupa freezes perfectly too!
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cover with water.
- Cover. Cook on low heat, adding water if needed.
- Remove bones and break up roast after 6 hours of cooking.
- Continue cooking with lid off until thick.
- Serve on tortillas burrito style or tostada shells with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cheese and onions.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
[…] Recipe: Crock Pot Chalupa […]