Cooking Time:8–9 hours
Ingredients3/4 c. hot salsa
1/4 c. chunky peanut butter or smooth peanut butter
3/4 c. light coconut milk
2 T. lime juice
1 T. soy sauce
1 tsp. white sugar
2 T. grated fresh ginger
2 lbs. skinless chicken thighs
1/2 c. chopped peanuts, for topping
2 T. chopped cilantro, for topping
- Combine the salsa, peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in the slow cooker; mix well.
- Place the chicken in the sauce, spoon mixture over chicken to coat.
- Cover. Cook on Low until chicken is very tender and sauce has thickened, 8 to 9 hours.
- A meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of a thigh should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro before serving.
Note: Serve over your favorite rice.