Cooking Time:6–9 hours on Low or 2–4 hours on High
Ingredients1 T. Coconut Oil
1 Lg. Onion, diced
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. White Pepper
3 c. Chicken Stock
3 Red Potatoes, peels on and chopped
14. 7 oz. Creamed Corn
12 oz. Frozen Corn
1 c. Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
12 oz. Evaporated Milk
2 T. fresh chives, chopped (optional)
Served Slow Cooker Corn and Cheese Chowder with a French bread and a tossed green salad and your meal is complete.
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook the onion and garlic on medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Place in the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT for the cheddar cheese, evaporated milk and chives.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover. Cook on Low 7 hours.
- Stir in evaporated milk and cook one additional hour.
- Garnish with cheese and chives before serving, if desired.