Cooking Time:6-8 hours on Low or 2-3 hours on High
Ingredients2 Medium Onions, chopped
3 Carrots, peeled and sliced
2 Stalks of Celery, sliced
2 c. Broccoli Florets
6 oz. Egg Noodles, uncooked
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
4 c. Chicken Stock
3 T. Fresh Flat Parsley, chopped
2 T. Lemon Juice
2-3 pound whole chicken
- Place chicken breast-side down in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Place all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the noodles, parsley and lemon juice, in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low or on High for 2 to 3 hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker and debone. Chop meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Return chicken pieces to the slow cooker.
- Stir in uncooked noodles, parsley and lemon juice.
- Cover. Cook on High for 30 minutes longer.
NOTE: Skim any fat from the top of the soup.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Hi. Plan to make this tomorrow. I just wanted to check as I can’t imagine putting the noodles in (with “everything”) already cooked….Won’t they mush? Should I just add them at the end? Thanks!!!
Hi Gretchen! When I do noodles, I usually cook them on low and put them in dry, but you can certainly cook as direct and add during the last 45 minutes of crocking! I believe I must be like you as I like my noodles a bit crisp and not mushy… Happy Crocking!