Cooking Time:6–8 hours
Ingredients2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 oz. package dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 c. beef broth
2 — 4 oz. cans mushrooms
salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
4–5 lb. round roast / pot roast
Once you fix the Yummiest Pot Roast your family is going to love you! It is by far the best Roast I have ever made, you will see what I mean when you make this too!
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Rub roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season.
- Next, rub roast with flour — this will help thicken the gravy in the crock pot as it cooks.
- Brown the roast on all sides in the heated skillet.
- While roast is browning place the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Transfer browned roast to the crock pot and spoon sauce on top of meat.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours then increase time to HIGH for 2–3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or your favorite vegetables.
Note: If you would like to add vegetables to your roast wait until the last 3 hours of cooking. Some good options are carrots, potatoes, onions, or fresh greenbeans. Yummy!!!
Crock Pot Girl