Cooking Time:6-8 hours on Low or 3-4 hours on High
Ingredients1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3/4 c. water
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
15 oz. tomato sauce
8 oz. elbow macaroni, uncooked
1/2 c. green bell pepper, chopped
2 c. mexican blend shredded cheese or sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 c. sour cream
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet; drain fat.
- Add the water, taco seasoning, tomato sauce and sour cream; mix.
- Simmer in the skillet for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in macaroni and chopped green pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High 3 to 4 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Note: Great served with corn bread!
Optional: 1 cup frozen corn; 1 small can of sliced black olives; 15 oz. can black beans
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!