Cooking Time:5 hours
Ingredients8 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. diced green chiles
3 T. cider vinegar
2 T. honey
1 T. smoked paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 T. tomato paste
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breast (mix)
1 medium onion, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except onions and chicken in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken and onion in a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Cover with sauce and stir to combine.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 6 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred with a fork.
- Remove chicken, shred and then stir back into slow cooker.
- Serve on a toasted bun with a side of cole slaw and mac & cheese (our family’s favorite!)
Note: Great to make ahead and freeze until ready to use!