Cooking Time:5 hours
Ingredients8 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. diced green chiles
3 T. cider vinegar
2 T. honey
1 T. smoked paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 T. tomato paste
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breast (mix)
1 medium onion, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except onions and chicken in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken and onion in a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Cover with sauce and stir to combine.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 6 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred with a fork.
- Remove chicken, shred and then stir back into slow cooker.
- Serve on a toasted bun with a side of cole slaw and mac & cheese (our family’s favorite!)
Note: Great to make ahead and freeze until ready to use!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Can you please post the recipe for the coleslaw that is on top of the sandwich in the pic?
Amanda I actually used a slaw from my grocery store 🙂
The chicken I got is uncooked, I would need to cook it before putting it in the crock-pot, right? Sorry if this is a silly question I am new using crockpots lol