Cooking Time:8-10 hours
Ingredients1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 Bay Leaf
18 oz. Chicken Gravy, homemade or store-bought
2 Stalks of Celery, washed and sliced
2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
2 1/4 c. Baking Mix (Bisquick or Jiffy)
2/3 c. Half & Half
16 oz. frozen vegetables of your choice (I like mixed veggies)
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place celery and carrots in the bottom of a 4-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Next, place chicken in in slow cooker and top with onion, bay leaf, salt & pepper.
- Pour gravy over all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using baking mix and milk as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture.
- Increase heat to High. Cover again and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I see half and half listed in the ingredients but not listed in the recipe. Is that for the biscuits? Also, the recipe instructs “Next, place chicken in in slow cooker and top with onion, bay leaf, salt & pepper.” but onion is NOT listed in the ingredients so I don’t know if this is fresh chopped onion, dried onion, onion powder… or something else? Could you clarify or update the recipe to address these discrepancies please!
I had the exact same question! Driving me crazy cause I’m a big recipe follower.