Cooking Time:8–10 hours
Ingredients1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 Bay Leaf
18 oz. Chicken Gravy, homemade or store-bought
2 Stalks of Celery, washed and sliced
2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
2 1/4 c. Baking Mix (Bisquick or Jiffy)
2/3 c. Half & Half
16 oz. frozen vegetables of your choice (I like mixed veggies)
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place celery and carrots in the bottom of a 4-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Next, place chicken in in slow cooker and top with onion, bay leaf, salt & pepper.
- Pour gravy over all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using baking mix and milk as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture.
- Increase heat to High. Cover again and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.