Cooking Time:6-8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High
Ingredients1 whole roasting chicken (3-5lbs), thawed and giblets removed
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. dried savory (I have not found this yet and it is still wonderful)
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 carrots per person, peeled and cut in half
1.5 potatoes per person, peeled and cut in half
2 stalks of celery, chunked
1 onion, sliced
The recipe was shared by Facebook Friend Heather K. E. Thanks Heather for sharing this very healthy recipe!
- Combine herbs together in a small bowl.
- Rinse chicken and rub with herb mixture.
- Spread celery and onion on bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place breast side up in the bottom of a large, greased oval slow cooker.
- Place carrots and potatoes around the chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hrs or on High for 4 hours.
Note: To reduce calories and fat, remove skin before serving.
Provided by Heather K. E. via facebook.com
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
This was great! I waited until the last 2 hours to add the potatoes so that they weren’t too mushy. I am going to use the leftover chicken and make your chicken & dumplings tomorrow!