Cooking Time:2 1/2 to 3 hours on High or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on Low.
Ingredients1 lb. carrots, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces, or 3 cups baby carrots
1 lb. (3–4 medium) yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1 1/4-inch-wide wedges
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
1 14 oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/3 c. dry white wine
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp. salt
15 oz. can artichoke hearts, rinsed and quartered if large
1 large egg
2 large egg yolks
1/3 c. lemon juice
1/3 c. chopped fresh dill
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spread carrots and potatoes over the bottom and up the sides of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Arrange chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Bring broth, wine, garlic and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours on High or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on Low.
- Add artichokes to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 5 more minutes. Meanwhile, whisk egg, egg yolks and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
- Ladle about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid into the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth. Whisk the egg mixture into the remaining cooking liquid in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook, whisking 2 or 3 times, until slightly thickened and sauce reaches 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in dill and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and serve.
NOTE: Not recommended to freeze.