Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients2 lb. chicken breast, frozen
1 1/2 packages Chicken Taco seasoning, Becky prefers McCormick
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chicken Broth, 1 1/2 inches on bottom of crock pot
half jar of hot salsa, Becky prefers "Hell on the Red" hot sauce
Love recipes that are shared from my FaceBook Family! Thank you Becky M. S.!!
- Put 3 or 4 frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Combine taco seasoning, salt and pepper and sprinkle over chicken breast.
- Pour enough chicken broth to fill bottom of slow cooker about 1 1/2 inches.
- Top with half jar of hot salsa….I like “Hell on the Red ” brand…
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours, or all day and then shred with fork or cut in small chunks.
Note: Serve them in fried or warmed corn tortilla…yummy!
Provided by Becky M. S. at www.facebook.com
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I’m wondering if this should read half a jar of hot SALSA, not hot SAUCE!!??
Tammy, this is a facebook friends recipe, and I have modified the recipe as I agree with you that she must have meant salsa, hot sauce would make it entirely too hot! Thanks for the question Tammy! Happy Crocking!
It sounds really yummy ~ can’t wait to try this!! Thanks!!
Actually, I used hot sauce and it came out perfect! There were a couple pieces that had a bit more “zing” to it, but for the most part, it was great. Just enough heat for flavor.
What size jar of salsa did you use?
Hi Alyssa! You can actually use any size, but I typically use a 15.5 oz. jar. Thanks for your question & Happy Crocking!