Cooking Time:4 hours
Ingredients6 chicken breasts, boneless
1 lg. can tomato sauce
1 sm. can tomato puree
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 can ripe olives
1 T. garlic
1 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. oregano
1 onion, chopped
1/2 c. wine or brandy (optional)
2 c. rice
Salt to taste
- Wash and remove fat from chicken.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients EXCEPT rice.
- Put chicken and sauce in a slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
Before serving, cook rice according to directions on box. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
Optional: If adding Potatoes and Carrots: Peel and quarter 6 potatoes and top with carrots with chicken on top before you cover and cook for at least 4 hours!